Are you yearning sunlight and warm days like I am? Let’s divert our eyes from the cloudy weather condition and concentrate on these dynamic, rejuvenating açaí bowls rather. They resemble a tropical holiday in a bowl, minus the jet lag and sand in your trousers. You can enjoy them in the early morning prior to work!
I have actually wondered about açaí bowls for a while now, after seeing them appear on my pals’ holiday feeds from journeys to Southern California and Hawaii. Like constantly, I investigated acai bowls to the end of the web and had fun with my own acai bowl dish till it was perfect.
Considering that acai grows in the Amazon, it appeared natural to mix acai with tropical fruits. These healthy smoothie bowls are merely and naturally sweetened with frozen banana, mango and pineapple. If you have actually been trying to find an enjoyable method to consume more fruit, this is it.
These vegan acai healthy smoothie bowls are cold, velvety and nearly sorbet-like in texture. In truth, the healthy smoothie part is so wonderful that you might serve it as a light after-dinner reward. Or, load it up with crispy granola, nuts or seeds, and fresh fruit, and you’ll have a healthy and gratifying breakfast.
Bonus Offer? Unlike the majority of healthy smoothies, this one keeps well in the fridge for a number of days.
What the heck is acai?
To Start With, here’s how to pronounce acai. Second of all, acai fruit grows on acai palm trees, primarily in Brazil, along the Amazon river. The fruit appears like deeply purple (almost black) blueberries, about the size of grapes. You can see them here.
Acai “berries,” as they are called, are in fact stone fruit like mangoes. The majority of the within is used up by the difficult seed, with a thin layer of edible fruit around it. The berries do not take a trip well, so the fruit is mashed and frozen.
Acai usage was primarily restricted to the Amazon area till the 1970s, when it infected northern Brazilian cities. It ended up being popular as an energy food in the jujitsu and volley ball circles, and by the 1990s, acai bowls (açaí na tigela) and acai bars were all over Brazil. Discover more here.
What does acai taste like?
Acai is among couple of fruits that are naturally sugar complimentary, which indicates that it does not taste like a routine fruit. In truth, I do not believe you ‘d wish to consume it by itself.
Acai tastes extremely earthy and sort of tannic to me, nearly like a blackberry that’s not extremely sweet. Sambazon explains the taste as, “a little like unique blended berry fulfills a tip of cacao.”
To stabilize the acai taste, I combined acai packages with frozen banana, pineapple and mango. Those frozen fruits make this healthy smoothie wonderfully velvety and sweet (although not overtly sweet). No extra sweetener or dairy items needed!
Why would I wish to consume acai?
Acai berries consist of great deals of anti-oxidants, in addition to other nutrients, fiber and healthy monounsaturated fats (consisting of omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9). The Mayo Center states that acai berries might have more anti-oxidants than cranberries, blueberries and strawberries.
I tend to be hesitant of “superfoods” that originate from far-away locations, considering that numerous affordable supermarket products are rockstars currently such as cabbage, broccoli, wild blueberries and beans. So please do not seem like you “require” to consume acai to be healthy. These healthy smoothie bowls are simply an enjoyable method to check out an unique fruit.
Where can I purchase acai?
You can purchase acai pulp in single-serving packages in the frozen fruit area at organic food shops and Trader Joe’s. Ensure to purchase the unsweetened kind. Sambazon is among the greatest brand names and they have sustainable harvesting in location specifically crucial considering that we’re handling an item of the Amazon.
If you can’t discover acai or do not care to purchase it, I have great deals of other healthy smoothie dishes for you. This green mango healthy smoothie would be fantastic in bowl kind!
Tropical Acai Bowl
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare Time: 0 minutes
- Overall Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 healthy smoothie bowls 1 x
- Classification: Breakfast
- Technique: Mixed
- Food: Brazilian
Make your own velvety acai bowls in the house! This acai bowl dish is the very best. You’ll require frozen fruit and acai packages, and fresh fruits, nuts or seeds for garnishes. Acai bowls are simple, scrumptious and healthy. Dish yields 4 cups, enough for 2 big portions or 4 little.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango portions
- 1 cup frozen pineapple portions
- 1 cup frozen banana portions (freeze ripe bananas in 1/2 ″- thick pieces)
- 2 packages (3.5 ounces or 100 grams each) frozen unsweetened açai berry purée
- 1 cup ice cold water, more if required
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice, to taste
- Suggested garnishes: coconut granola, shredded unsweetened coconut, sliced nuts, chia seeds, sliced fresh banana or kiwi or other tropical fruits
- In a mixer, integrate the frozen mango, pineapple and banana. Run the açaí packages under warm water for about 10 seconds to let them thaw a bit, then cut them open and put the açaí pulp into the mixer.
- Pour in the cold water, safely secure the cover, and begin mixing on the most affordable speed till you can acquire traction, increasing to high speed as it appears. If required, stop briefly the mixer to scrape down the sides, and include 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup more water if it simply will not mix. (I utilized the tamper supplied with my Vitamix and didn’t require to include anymore liquid.)
- Include 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice, to taste, and mix briefly to integrate. Put the healthy smoothie into bowls and leading with garnishes of your option. Serve right away, or cover and cool for approximately 3 days.
Storage recommendations: If you’re intending on having remaining healthy smoothie bowls, wait to leading with fresh fruit or granola prior to serving.
Suggested devices: My Vitamix mixer makes this healthy smoothie ultra velvety (affiliate link).
▸ Nutrition Info
The info revealed is a price quote supplied by an online nutrition calculator. It ought to not be thought about an alternative to an expert nutritional expert’s recommendations. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
Check Out Complete Post https://cookieandkate.com/tropical-acai-bowl-recipe/ .