This post is given you by Bob’s Red Mill.
I might have indicated otherwise, however the cookbook is certainly refrained from doing. I’m finishing up some last food picture shoots today, and dealing with a regional professional photographer to take some enjoyable shots of Cookie and me. I have about one million images of Cookie, however really few people together, so I’m eagerly anticipating having those.
We likewise have a number of rounds of edits to go, and the style procedure is simply starting. Eek! It’s excessive, however I’m offering it my all.
I have actually been feeling nostalgic for easier times, like the household reunions on July fourth that I pointed out previously today. Then I got to thinking of all those potato chips, and the worth of an excellent breakfast, so I began fantasizing about a joyful, however wholesome, Self-reliance Day breakfast.
I landed here a red, white, and blue bowl of yogurt, granola and berries. Can we take a minute to applaud the Establishing Daddies for selecting such a traditional color mix? It does not improve than star-spangled red, white and blue.
I included coconut to the granola for a white part, however naturally, it turned golden in the oven. The technique with including coconut to granola is to either bake it at a low temperature level, or include the coconut late in the baking procedure, so the coconut does not burn. I went with the latter, and it worked fantastic. I called it triple coconut granola due to the fact that I utilized both big coconut flakes and shredded coconut, together with coconut oil, so it’s instilled with genuine coconut taste and texture throughout.
I utilized Bob’s Red Mill’s accredited gluten-free oats for the dish, so I can share it easily with all of my gluten-free pals. Oats are naturally gluten-free, however can be infected with gluten in the fields and processing centers, so I’m delighted that Bob’s Red Mill uses a safe choice for those with level of sensitivities. You understand just how much I like oats (forty-two dishes and counting!).
Finally, I served it with fresh blueberries and strawberries, and my brand-new preferred breakfast part thawed frozen raspberries. It’s so basic, it nearly appears ridiculous, however I have actually been putting frozen raspberries into a bowl and letting them thaw in the refrigerator over night. By the early morning, they’re great and juicy, nearly compote-like by themselves.
They’re wonderful on toast with almond butter, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal and granola. It’s a low-cost and scrumptious method to begin the day with some effective anti-oxidants, consisting of cancer-fighting ellagic acid. Attempt it and let me understand if you like it, too?
Triple Coconut Granola
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare Time: 20 minutes
- Overall Time: thirty minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1 x
- Classification: Breakfast
This simple homemade coconut granola dish includes coconut flakes, shredded coconut and coconut oil! It’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Dish yields about 6 cups granola, enough for about 12 portions.
- 4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats (likewise called old-fashioned oats)
- 1 cup slivered almonds or nuts of option
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup big, unsweetened coconut flakes *
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Optional: 2/3 cup dried fruit, sliced if big
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a big, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big blending bowl, integrate the oats, almonds, cinnamon, salt and ground ginger. Utilizing a silicone or rubber spatula, stir to integrate.
- Include the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla (we’re going to include the coconut later on, so keep it neighboring). Stir up until every oat is gently and uniformly covered. Utilizing your spatula, scrape the contents of the bowl onto your ready pan, making certain to get every last little liquid. Spread out the granola into an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then get rid of the pan from the oven, include both the coconut flakes and shredded coconut, and stir all of it together. Location the pan back into the oven up until the coconut is gently golden, about 5 to 10 minutes. Let the granola cool totally on the pan. It will even more crisp up as it cools.
- Shop the granola in an airtight container, like a freezer bag (if you’re including dried fruit, include it now). This granola will remain fresh at space temperature level for 1 to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for approximately 3 months.
Dish adjusted from my best granola and gingerbread granola.
* Where to purchase coconut flakes: Try To Find them in the baking area at Whole Foods, organic food shops or in the organic food area of well-stocked supermarket. I utilized Bob’s Red Mill brand name. You can likewise change the coconut flakes with more shredded coconut.
Make it gluten complimentary: Simply make sure to utilize accredited gluten-free oats!
Make it nut complimentary: Alternative pepitas (green pumpkin seeds) for the almonds.
▸ Nutrition Details
The details revealed is a quote offered by an online nutrition calculator. It needs to not be thought about a replacement for an expert nutritional expert’s guidance. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
This post was developed in collaboration with Bob’s Red Mill and I got settlement for my involvement. Viewpoints are my own, constantly. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who support C+K!
Check Out Complete Post https://cookieandkate.com/triple-coconut-granola-recipe/ .