Monday! Bam. You sly thing.
Frying Pan Chicken Tortilla Pie is my every Monday’s dream supper. For whatever factor, Monday is usually the one day of the week where I’m lured to go out for supper, have Bjork get sushi en route house (♡), or have some sampler plate of cheese, crackers, spoonfuls of almond butter, popcorn, a Lara bar, and possibly if I’m being additional excellent, a green healthy smoothie and call it all “supper.” And you people, that’s an overall lie. I desire that EVERY day of the week.
So when it’s Monday dinnertime and I understand I can make something superfast that includes completely experienced chicken layered with blankets of melted cheese, homemade tomato + onion + garlic + chili sauce, and sauce-soaked corn tortillas, that’s it right there. Stop the train. End of story. Done and done.
Despite the fact that this weekend went way too quick and in some way * snap * it’s Monday currently, I did handle to get, like, 3 things done in between Friday and Sunday.
- I took part half-way in removing the Christmas designs. I state half-way because, uhmm, isn’t the huge part in fact removing the tree and after that vacuuming the 5 hundred million needles embedded in the carpet? Specifically when that carpet occurs to be shaggy-shag carpet that traps all the important things in its long yarn-ish pieces? Annnnd possibly Bjork did that part. So I half-way assisted, and now, happiness of delights: Lazy January Christmas in our home is now over. Gloria!
- I made this Frying pan Chicken Tortilla Pie. And after that I oohed and ahhed as we dug each piece and looked at its melty cheese strings. YUHMMMMS.
- And lastly, I ended up a load of laundry after going through not one, not 2, however 3 clothing throughout the abovementioned Frying pan Chicken Tortilla Pie occasion. Yes, girls and gentleman, I am a master of the red-sauce-on-new-Target cardigan-stains. And I didn’t practically cry.
I dislike to be foreseeable, however without a doubt the emphasize on my list of 3 things I got done was the Frying Pan Chicken Tortilla Pie particularly standing at the range, simmering this extremely aromatic homemade sauce and making our home odor fantastic, all while speaking with Bjork and keeping an eye out the window at the fresh falling snowflakes given that now we can talk with each other while I prepare since THERE’S NO WALL THERE ANY LONGER. Which advises me: Cooking area remodel! > Cooking area is done! > Complete cooking area expose today!
However Frying Pan Chicken Tortilla Pie.
Those were some pleased pleased excellent food Sunday times.
This Frying Pan Chicken Tortilla Pie is absolutely nothing more than a minor upgrade from the 5 component enchilada casserole including a c-a-n of red enchilada sauce, chicken, cheese, and tortillas. I’m not going to lie I made that variation a couple of times in the advancement of this dish. There’s a time and a location, definitely for definitely. However the upgrade occurred when I went from opening a can of enchilada sauce— > to simmering all that is fantastic (and most likely currently in the refrigerator or kitchen?) together in a big pot and after that pureeing all of it into a wonderfully abundant, silky tomato sauce that connects this entire thing together with moderate spice and abundant taste and sauciness.
You people? Do you mind that this is, like, 0% fancy? It’s simply delightfully experienced chicken, shredded cheese, corn tortillas, and truly aromatic, moderate homemade red sauce. Like, I didn’t even overdo it and include a million other things and I held myself back from the bajillion spicy peppers. I UNDERSTAND, restraint.
This is easy and moderate components made into down-home reassuring food. And if that isn’t your meaning of Monday, I’m unsure I understand who you are.
PS. As you can see from the very first couple of photos, I arrange of forgot it that this was a pie and simply began scooping it out in loading stacks like the starving cavewoman that I am (MEE WANT FOOD NOW), however appearance, advanced reader! You can suffice into pieces after you let it represent a while. Is that enjoyable or is that enjoyable? Hi, Pie!
clock clock iconcutlery flatware iconflag flag iconfolder folder iconinstagram instagram iconpinterest pinterest iconfacebook facebook iconprint print iconsquares squares iconheart heart iconheart strong heart strong icon.
Frying Pan Chicken Tortilla Pie
This Frying Pan Chicken Tortilla Pie has layers of chicken, cheese, homemade enchilada sauce, and tortillas. Basic, moderate, and tasty!
For the Sauce:
For the Chicken Tortilla Pie:
- SAUCE: Heat the oil in a big frying pan. Include the onions and saute for 5-10 minutes. Lower heat and include the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and garlic. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes till extremely aromatic, bewaring not to burn the garlic. Include the chicken broth, garlic, and tomatoes and simmer for 5-10 minutes till the sauce is extremely crimson in color. Transfer (half at a time it’s a great deal of sauce) to a mixer, puree, and reserved. Taste and change for saltiness as required.
- CHICKEN: Cover the chicken breasts with the spices. Heat the pan from action one over medium low heat with a little oil and include the chicken. Prepare for a couple of minutes on each side till well browned. Cover with sauce and simmer for an extra 5-10 minutes so the chicken ends up cooking carefully in the sauce. Eliminate chicken from sauce and shred with 2 forks. Reserve.
- ASSEMBLE: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Dip 5 tortillas in the warm sauce and layer in the bottom of a 9-inch round frying pan or baking meal. Include a scoop of chicken, a handful of cheese, and about 3/4 cup sauce. Repeat layer. End with another layer of tortillas, a scoop of sauce, and cheese. (Now go make another one! You must have the ability to make 2 pies/skillets with this dish.)
- BAKE: Cover with foil that has actually been sprayed with nonstick oil to avoid it from sticking on the cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes, till the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is ooey-gooey-perfection. Leading with cilantro and Cotija.
This dish is quite moderate. If you wished to kick it up a notch, I would include a couple of chipotle peppers or jalapeños to the sauce.
I have actually made a variation with pico de gallo layered in along with corn both were tasty!
Likewise, if you remain in a pinch and you require to move rapidly, you can change the sauce with canned enchilada sauce. However I will alert you I made it that method, too, and it’s not almost as excellent as the homemade sauce.
Keywords: frying pan chicken tortilla pie, chicken tortilla pie, frying pan tortilla pie
Load More Remarks.
Check Out Complete Short Article https://pinchofyum.com/skillet-chicken-tortilla-pie .