This Reuben Casserole is a traditional sandwich-turned-casserole circumstance and you do not wish to miss it! Butter-soaked pumpernickel bread, pulls of Swiss cheese, tender corned beef, briney sauerkraut, and great deals of homemade reuben sauce sauciness. Let’s dive in!
Really not exactly sure if there is anything more enjoyable than turning timeless sandwiches into casseroles! Fine, in re-reading that sentence, it’s reasonable to question our fun-scale, however what we require you to comprehend here is that this odd, fantastic, tacky, buttery, bready pan of sentimental goodness is simply an A+ great time and we’re not sorry about it.
Hunks of butter-soaked pumpernickel bread that crisp in the oven, long pulls of Swiss cheese at every turn, tender corned beef embeded and around with Thousand Island sauciness. Obviously, there’s tasty briney sauerkraut throughout since all Reuben guarantees are kept here, in every scoopy bite.
Components To Make The Tastiest Reuben Casserole
There is some really fascinating and extreme dispute around the origins of the Reuben sandwich. Like, did you understand there was even such a thing as the “National Sandwich Concept Contest ?!” Since there is, and the Reuben won it. (Certainly, since it is made from magic.) Omaha vs. New York City? Deli orders for starlets or grandfather dishes for card gamers? If you enjoy enjoyable and rather heated sandwich history conversations and who isn’t we suggest this Saveur short article for a deep dive!
Simply to keep in mind, no one is heatedly talking about the origin of making this sandwich in casserole type. A perhaps odd and fantastic thing to do! Do we … do we begin a National Concepts for Turning Sandwiches Into Scoopy Casseroles contest? Might we make that a thing?!
Regardless, you require all the signatures:
How To Make a Reuben Casserole
A Reuben in and of itself is a prominent mess, they’re expected to be. With the stacks of corned beef and the huge pulls of cheese, and after that you need to capture the sauerkraut spilling over the sides and hey there, leaks on drips on drips of that Thousand Island … what we’re stating is, a baking meal is a best service here.
- Bread & butter Toss bread cubes with melted butter in a bowl. Then, layer half of the bread/butter mix on the bottom of the baking meal and bake to crisp up.
- Sauerkraut. Integrate the sauerkraut, onion, parsley, and caraway seeds.
- Corned beef & Swiss After you have actually gotten rid of the meal from the oven, begin layering in this really crucial order: sauerkraut, Swiss, 1000, corned beef, Swiss, sauerkraut, 1000, Swiss, and lastly the rest of bread cubes and bake!
- Thousand Island Drizzle with a bit more dressing (never ever enough) and parsley.
Now begin scooping, buddies! What a reward.
What To Serve Together With This Casserole
Aside from a side of high-fives since you made this unusual, fantastic, tasty pan of yum, you may likewise consider this basic green salad. As long as your oven is on anyhow, you could definitely simply roast up some veggies, possibly some crisp roasty broccoli or cauli? Oh oh! Are sweet potato french fries on the menu? Does not that sound enjoyable?!
Or if you’re the youth variation of a specific head developer here at Pinch of Yum, you ‘d ask for it served with a high glass of milk on your birthday. (Since that is a really typical kid birthday meal demand.)
Reuben Casserole: Regularly Asked Concerns
Can I utilize a various type of bread besides pumpernickel bread?
Yes! Cubed up rye bread can likewise work here.
Can I utilize canned corned beef?
Yes, canned corned beef can work here!
What do caraway seeds taste like?
Caraway seeds provide the casserole a peppery and earthy taste with a lil’ tip of fennel taste. Soooo great and vital for the casserole.
clock clock iconcutlery flatware iconflag flag iconfolder folder iconinstagram instagram iconpinterest pinterest iconfacebook facebook iconprint print iconsquares squares iconheart heart iconheart strong heart strong icon.
This Reuben Casserole is a traditional sandwich-turned-casserole circumstance and you do not wish to miss it! Butter-soaked pumpernickel bread, pulls of Swiss cheese, tender corned beef, briney sauerkraut, and great deals of Thousand Island sauciness. Let’s dive in!
Reuben Sauce (extremely tasty):
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toss bread cubes with melted butter in a bowl.
- Whisk components for the reuben sauce; taste and change.
- In a different bowl, integrate the sauerkraut, parsley, and caraway seeds.
- Layer half of the bread/butter mix on the bottom of a 9 × 13 baking meal. Bake for 10 minutes and get rid of from the oven.
- Layer the staying components on top of the baked bread cubes. This is the order I generally follow: sauerkraut, cheese, sauce, corned beef, sauerkraut, cheese, sauce. End up with a bit more cheese and the rest of bread cubes. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with sauce, spray with parsley, and serve!
This dish will likewise deal with store-bought Thousand Island dressing! That’s really how my mama constantly made this maturing. I like to do it with the homemade reuben sauce (as composed), however either can work!
If you want to do this in a 8 × 8 square baking meal, simply cut in half all of the components.
Keywords: reuben casserole, reuben sandwich, casserole dish
More Casserole Favorites
Check Out Complete Short Article https://pinchofyum.com/reuben-casserole .