This post is given you by DeLallo Foods.
Maturing, my more youthful siblings and I didn’t make supper simple for our mama. We might settle on a really list of menu products, consisting of pizza, pasta and peanut butter sandwiches (white bread, hold the crust!). We consumed more spaghetti with marinara sauce for supper than anything else. It was the meal I produced myself when Mother made something I didn’t like (cough cough, steak).
This cauliflower and spaghetti meal is a throwback to my youth suppers. Nowadays, I select entire grain pasta since it keeps me feeling complete for a lot longer, and I like to include as much veggies as pasta. I have actually been truly into roasted cauliflower this winter season and it’s the best, hearty and healthy addition to this timeless convenience meal.
I have actually been lured to spray Parmesan over whatever that enters my oven since I made Ashley’s Parmesan-crusted croutons, so I might withstand including a spray to these cauliflower “steaks.” (By steaks, I imply long, thick pieces of cauliflower.) Simply a little scattering of Parmesan changes into golden, bubbling goodness in the oven and raises this easy, three-part meal to something unique.
Because this meal is so easy, the specific parts end up being even more crucial. You’ll wish to select high quality entire grain pasta and a fresh-tasting marinara sauce. They are not all produced similarly!
I keep in mind the very first time I attempted entire wheat pasta at my good friend’s home in 3rd grade. It was mushy and thick and I had the hardest time being a thoughtful supper visitor that night. Entire wheat pasta has actually come a long method ever since. My preferred brand name of entire wheat pasta is DeLallo, so I’m truly thrilled to be dealing with them this year. If you’re still hesitant about entire grain pastas, I hope you’ll provide DeLallo’s pasta a possibility!
Longing for more roasted cauliflower? Do not miss my Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup, Roasted Cauliflower and Lentil Tacos with Creamy Chipotle Sauce, Lemony Roasted Cauliflower Risotto and Roasted Cauliflower (4 Ways!).
Parmesan Cauliflower Steaks with Marinara
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare Time: 40 minutes
- Overall Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4 portions 1 x
- Classification: Meal
- Food: Italian
Simple, healthy weeknight supper including roasted cauliflower steaks with marinara sauce and entire grain spaghetti. Dish yields 4 parts.
- 1 big head of cauliflower
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ounce carefully grated Parmesan (about 3/4 cup)
- Salt and newly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces entire grain spaghetti, DeLallo Organic Whole Wheat Spaghetti suggested
- 1 (25-ounce) container of marinara sauce, DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Marinara Sauce suggested
- Optional garnishes: more grated Parmesan, more pepper and/or pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper. Turn the cauliflower on its side and trim the extending end of the stem. Location the cauliflower on a cutting board with the floret side up and utilize a sharp knife to slice it into 1-inch thick pieces. Do not fret if a few of your pieces break down.
- Transfer the cauliflower to your ready flat pan. Drizzle on 2 tablespoons of olive oil and carefully toss to coat. Rub the oil onto all sides of the cauliflower up until all pieces are gently layered, including more oil if required. Spray the cauliflower with salt and pepper. Organize it in a single layer and roast for 20 minutes.
- Get rid of the cauliflower from the oven and thoroughly turn the cauliflower. Spray the Parmesan over the cauliflower and return it to the oven for another 18 to 20 minutes, up until the Parmesan is golden and the cauliflower hurts and caramelized on the edges.
- On the other hand, bring a big, salted pot of water to boil. Include the spaghetti and cook up until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain pipes and toss with a light drizzle of olive oil to avoid sticking.
- Warm the sauce in a medium pan on the range. Cover and preserve a mild simmer up until you’re all set to serve.
- Divide the spaghetti into specific bowls or plates, leading with sufficient marinara sauce and roasted cauliflower. If you ‘d like, include a spray of extra Parmesan, pepper and/or red pepper flakes.
Make it gluten complimentary: Replace your preferred gluten-free pasta for the spaghetti.
▸ Nutrition Details
The details revealed is a quote offered by an online nutrition calculator. It needs to not be thought about an alternative to an expert nutritional expert’s recommendations. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by DeLallo Foods and I got payment for my involvement. Viewpoints are my own, constantly. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who support C+K!
Check Out Complete Short Article https://cookieandkate.com/roasted-cauliflower-steaks-with-marinara-spaghetti/ .